Monday, June 08, 2020

Have doorways always been this narrow?

I planned to get a good afternoon's worth of writing in yesterday - then I worked out* how to download Minecraft and started playing it online with my two grandsons in Surrey.

Minecraft
They are old hands at it and had to explain to me in words of one syllable how to go forwards, backwards etc. I thought I was getting quite good until I tried to visit GrandSon1 in the house he'd built. You don't realise how narrow doorways are until you keep walking into walls. In the end GrandSon1 said, 'I'll make the doors wider for you, Granny.'

After I'd asked them several times how to do things - and failed - GrandSon3 said, 'Shall I do it for you, Granny?'

After a couple of hours I dragged myself away saying I had to go and do stuff but no sooner had I quit then GrandSon4 phoned me. ''You promised you'd tell me a story today, Granny.'

Some time later after Stella the cat had got herself washed out to sea and had to be rescued by Fireman Sam it was too late to start writing. 

I'm not complaining, the time was much better spent communicating with grandchildren. 

(*Obviously I didn't work it out: Elder Son found all the links for me.)

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Such quality time is wonderful! "Go, granny, go!"

Marie Smith said...

My two granddaughters play that game too. I never thought to play it. Hmmm...

Liz Hinds said...

They started killing me today! But I got them back!

pam nash said...

It's wonderful that you can spend quality time with your grandsons. Enjoy every minute!