Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Don't let the b*****s get you down

I spent a large part of my walk this morning trying to make grass whistle without success. I blame my squidgy thumb bases.

George and I set off early (for us) to the woods as it looks as if it's going to be a hot hot day. 
It was idyllic. And empty. 

Then I came back and foolishly entered into conversation with Husband about the recent political scandals involving the Prime Minister's aide, Dominic Cummings. I got so worked up - largely about the fact that people can lie (allegedly or obviously) so blatantly - that it almost ruined my calm mood. But I'm back there now.

So here's a jolly little footballing panda.
I had feared that I had lost the ability to cook but I've had a few recent successes so I'm less worried now. As Monday was a Bank Holiday (not that it made anything difference to life) and it was hot and sunny I decided we'd have a barbecue. I took some sausages out of the freezer and it wasn't until later that I realised we had nothing to go with them. I'd forgotten to put salad on my delivery order and I didn't have the ingredients for ratatouille, another barbecue favourite. So ...

I made some bread rolls
and we had them with baked beans, the cowboy favourite. For our vegetable input we had some spicy bean/nut burgers. 
And last night I made a yummy fish pie.
So definitely back on course.

Incidentally Dominic Cummings is 'affectionately' known as Dom. You may be interested to know that dom in Welsh means pile of poo.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A government cannot expect the general populace to obey its public health & safety laws when its own officials (especially a high official) blatantly flouts them and risks spreading the virus. We've had a few similar instances of this nonsense here in Canada too.

Ole Phat Stu said...

The Latin phrase was
Illegitimi non carborundum :-)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Oh thankyou for making me laugh!
Seriously though, however dreary lockdown has been and however much we've missed seeing our families, we've been doing it to protect us all and we should be proud of that. Leave those too shabby to think of the general good to their eventual seedy end.

Liz Hinds said...

It's the helplessness that gets me, Debra.

Strangely enough, Stu, Husband was telling me that this morning.

Indeed, Sonata, karma maybe. Although sometimes that doesn't seem to work.