Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Pizza in the garden

Yesterday 
Final family day of the year this time at Younger Son's where he cooked pizza for us in his pizza oven. All the children prepared their own, and later he showed them how to start a fire.


Elder Son, Younger Son and Husband.

Pizza cooked in minutes in the pizza oven. Younger Son, who'd prepared the dough, grumbled about the yeast from Lidl not rising enough but it tasted good.
Husband hates cats so I couldn't miss this opportunity to get a photo of him snuggled up with two of them.

New Year's Eve
Elder Son and family have just left to drive back to Surrey so we've an empty house again. Feels a bit strange. I think I've had an early attack of post-Christmas blues as, for the last few weeks, every time I'm not actively thinking or doing, I am assailed by the blues. 

So I shall go and watch Call the Midwife and eat yummy cookies, made by Elder Son. And worry about my two pound weight gain later.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cats ALWAYS know who doesn't like them or is allergic. Then they make a bee-line to that person!

Liz Hinds said...

Yep, seems to be that way, Debra.

Marie Smith said...

Love the pizza from such an oven! Yummy! Your husband with the cats is priceless.