Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Looking back on a decade

I have trouble remembering what I did last week so my reflections on ten years might be brief without help. 

Younger Son was the last remaining child to marry. Six grandchildren joined the one I already had. Husband had a heart attack; I cut off my own appendix. A number of people died.

I lost weight; I gained weight; I'm losing weight again.

I self-published two books. That doesn't seem to be much of an achievement for ten years. 

I didn't win any prizes. I didn't compete in any competitions - except helping GrandDaughter1 in the Bake-off in school - which she won!

I could write a whole load of 'I didn't's but that probably says more about my current mood than reality. So as it seems to be 'the thing' on Facebook I'll post two selfies, one from December 2009 and one from this year.


Blonder, slimmer, older. Still happy at heart. It's just my mind I need to work on.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're improving with age -- just wait until 2030!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

May everything about the next decade be truly amazing for you all!

Liz Hinds said...

Things can only get better, Debra!

Thank you, Sonata, and to you and your family.

Marie Smith said...

Have a great New Year! You’re looking great!

nick said...

You cut off your own appendix???

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Marie, and to you and yours!

My body did, yes, Nick.

Polly said...

You still look good Liz, and a happy heart is a good start. Happy New Year x