Wednesday, November 20, 2019

We are off on a trip today!

Ages ago I booked to see White Christmas in the Dominion Theatre, and originally thought we'd combine the show with a few days tripping around London, but because Husband's health has been a bit up and down I thought he might not appreciate walking around London in the cold so we're having a one night stand instead.

I am a mixture of excited child and fretful adult. I have to keep telling myself we're only going to London for one night, not the frozen wastes for a month, so I don't need to pack to cover every eventuality. Once we're on our way I will be totally over-excited child.

Usually it's Husband who does all the travel arranging but he made me to do it this time, so I am especially apprehensive. I worked it all out by myself: train times and tickets, a hotel close to the theatre, and ... I'm sure there was more than that. One minor hiccup already: it appears we're not sitting together on the train. But we are in the theatre so that's okay.

I chose a reasonably cheap hotel - so I hope it's okay - but still for the total cost of the trip one of us could have gone to the Canary Islands for a week.

But I don't care: I'm excited!!!




7 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Sometimes you just have to treat yourselves! Enjoy!

Lesley Williams said...

Have a wonderful night away Liz and Husband!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun and enjoy the music!

Polly said...

Enjoy :-) x

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A great adventure!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A great adventure!

Anonymous said...

have fun! it sounds heavenly!