Monday, August 19, 2019

We're Number One!

It won't mean a lot to many people but I have to record that Wales is now in first place in the world rugby rankings. That's above New Zealand's All Blacks!

It's the first time that Wales has ever been number one so worth mentioning but what really matters is who wins the Rugby World Cup this autumn. Nobody remembers who's in the rankings; everyone remembers who wins the world cup.

Also being number one piles on the pressure so we'll enjoy it for a moment and then forget it.
And while we're on the subject of being number one, a joke by Swedish comedian, Olaf Falafel, has taken the prize for the Funniest One-liner at the Edinburgh Fringe. His joke:
"I keep randomly shouting out 'Broccoli' and 'Cauliflower' - I think I might have florets".

Well, it made me laugh.

Update
The Tourettes Action charity has asked for an apology from Olaf Falafel for his insensitive joke. Full report here.

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh how wonderful! I'd be screaming for them too! Where is the final taking place. I will try to watch it if I can get it on TV. I can usually get some sports channels that broadcast international sports.

Liz Hinds said...

Japan, Leslie. Some time towards the end of October. The World Cup starts about 21st September.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats to Wales! And Olaf Falafel's joke (I love his name) made me laugh out loud!