Thursday, March 14, 2019

Sighing and smiling

Alun Wyn Jones
Big game this weekend. Wales play Ireland in Cardiff. If Wales win it means the Grand Slam i.e. they'll have beaten all the other nations (England, Scotland, France and Italy), and great celebrations.

Wales is the only team left in the competition that can do it: the others have all lost at least one game. I should be really excited but I'm dreading it.

But if Wales lose they won't win the championship - all to do with bonus points. The thing is that though we haven't lost we haven't played brilliantly either. In many ways other teams look more worthy to win the championship.

Big sighs.

Not to mention Brexit and the absolute chaos this country is in and the even greater chaos we will be in if Brexit is postponed for another year of uncertainty.

Even bigger sighs.

P.S. I saw Alun Wyn Jones, the Welsh captain and the man holding the ball in the photo, in the toddler swimming pool. He is very solid and muscular. Big smiles.

P.P.S.Should be going to Boxercise tonight but not heard from partner so looks like I won't be going. How sad. I could go on my own but, I tell myself, that would be unfair on a new partner. My current partner has numerous joint problems so she doesn't mind that I'm not as fast as everyone else. I would hate to slow anyone down ...

Even bigger smiles.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I don't blame you for smiling about missing boxercise.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That's a shame. It looked such a lovely way to spend a Thursday evening...