Monday, March 25, 2019

I need more than a fig leaf

At 5'4" I am closer to short than tall but I have a long body. And big boobs. These combined make buying a bathing costume a nightmare. Especially when it means I have to look at my white flabby body in the process.

Debenhams had a better choice but all too short/tight. I suppose I could go up a size but I refuse to do that.

M&S had a rubbish choice but they did have one Longer Length. It fitted me but I didn't like it.

Swansea has a disappearing city centre. Those two are the only shops that cater in any way for the more mature lady. I am grumpy.

The costume I bought last year and that I loved has gone all stretchy and floppy (a bit like me) so I guess I'll have to resort to my old trusty costume. And hope nobody notices the very tiny hole in the cheek area.

Postscript
Just ordered one from Figleaves, in two parts - not a bikini! - with bra sizes. Don't like ordering online but needs must.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fortunately, here in the States, we have Lands' End which carries "tall" sizes for women. I've worn out many of their bathing suits, although I haven't been in the pool, now, for at least one year. I'm not tall (5'5"); but, like you, I am long in the torso. My length is from the waist down, so need the tall suits. (Husband is tall from the waist up. Were his legs in proportion to his torso, he would be about 6'6" instead of just under 6'.)

Back in the 1980s, living in Albuquerque, I walked into a "Tall Girl" shop to look for a pair of slacks. The sales woman gawked at me and said, "You're not tall!" I get a chuckle each time I recall her surprise and (lack of) tact.
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, I think it must be waist down for me too - although I had to think about that for a moment, CopCar.

Unknown said...

Try Bon Marche(they leave out the accent on the E nowadays.) I noticed yesterday they have some. Don’t know what they are like.