Friday, March 01, 2019

Have you missed me?

No? Oh well, never mind.

I've been staying with Younger Son and family this week trying to help with little one and new-born - but new-born won't settle with Granny! Each time I held her she soon started crying. Even when I was telling her all about St. David, daffodils, rugby and sheep. I know: it's a mystery to me too.

Anyway I had a good time playing with GrandSon4. I arrived home this afternoon to be greeted by the words, 'I'm hungry. We haven't got any food.'
'I've missed you too, Husband.'

He somehow managed to hurt his shoulder so wasn't able to get Alfie porsche out of the garage - you have to fight with the door a bit - so couldn't go to the shops to buy food. Life can be very cruel to husbands.

The weather this week has been stunning. Sunny days that were warm enough for our first picnic of the year. (Husband had come to join us - and do some work in Younger Son's garden.)


I enjoyed being cooked for for the week. The only baking I did was making some gluten-free welsh cakes with GrandSon4 yesterday. I think slightly more flour ended up on me than in the cakes but they tasted nice if not a bit misshapen: it's hard to make a gf dough that stays together.

What else? Oh yes last Saturday I did my family first aid course. Bear in mind that the last first aid course I attempted I had to give up on because of my tendency to faint. I might have been alright if Mrs Staples, the teacher, hadn't asked, 'What would happen if a butcher's hand slipped as he was cutting up a carcass?' (The answer is that he would cut the artery in his leg.) (Feel yucky thinking about it now even though that fifty years ago in school.)

I'd warned Saturday's teacher beforehand about my affliction and she was very sensitive. The course was great and very helpful although a bit daunting when I peeked in the room beforehand.
A bit concerning when I blew Baby's chest off but that's probably okay ...

Postscript
I just have to mention Wales' victory over England in the Six Nations Championship. England had started the tournament brilliantly - unlike Wales - so my hopes hadn't been high. The first half went badly for Wales and my spirits were sinking until they started the second half with renewed determination. These days as I am trying to be less triumphant over my English Husband - on the rare occasions I get the chance - I reserved my little victory dances for when I was in a room alone. Or when I suddenly remembered about it.

5 comments:

Terra said...

I had to take a CPR/first aid class at work and when there was way too much talk about blood I had to think about other things as I was feeling a bit light headed. I did get through it though, and can relate to your reaction.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I assumed you were absent from the blogosphere because you were tending all your other social media sites on Instagram, Twitter, etc. etc. But nice to have you back!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You'll have to keep the rugby-playing sheep stories less exciting till she's a bit older ...

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Anything about Rugby would make me cry! We have our new born coming to tea tomorrow - I won't be telling Rugby tales though as I don't have any - expect he still may cry though for his mum.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I have missed you But knew you would be busy. (well that is what I hoped it would be) Im with the commentator above., I would cry too. Rugby and sheep . ������ You know I love your tales. ��