Friday, March 29, 2019

A week of standing in

To begin at the ... end.

Thursday
In the morning I spoke to a women's group about Zac's Place. The same group I spoke to a few weeks ago about my writing. I'd offered at the time to go back so when the gentleman who was supposed to be speaking was ill I was called up.

I am more confident speaking about Zac's. It's not about me but about a wonderful group of people so I can enthuse more easily.

In the afternoon I took Granddaughter2 to play with GrandSon4. Another beautiful sunny day.
Walking alongside the Tawe river.


Wednesday
Collected Grandson4 from nursery school then celebrated Younger Son's birthday with presents, cake and a meal in the Butcher's Arms in Alltwen. 

Tuesday
Standing in for a poorly man I led bible study at Zac's. It got rather heated. Starting from the question, 'What would you be willing to give up to get closer to Jesus?' we somehow managed to end up 'discussing' immigrants. At one point it felt as though every person in the room were shouting. And there was me with my squeaky little voice trying to say, 'Okay, shall we move on to the next verse now?'

I came home wishing I drank so I could have a nice calming whisky. That will teach me to volunteer.

And that brings me back to now. Today has been a winding down and preparing day. My suitcase is packed. One layer of books, one layer of clothes and one layer of swim things. Sounds like a good balance to me.

And, yes, my new swimsuit is lovely. Fits well and gives me a nice shape. I am very pleased.

Back to blogging in a week. I will continue to FaceBook and tweet I expect, and maybe even get to grips with Instagram. But I won't hold my breath on that one.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm glad your new swimsuit is just what you wanted! Have a FABULOUS and RELAXING holiday, lots of FUN and SUN!

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Debra! x

miruspeg said...

That sounds like quite a week Liz. Life is not boring in your neck of the woods. Have a lovely break. Peggy xxxx

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Peggy. x

My new swimsuit has a bra fastening and last night Husband asked if was waterproof. I hadn't even thought about that. Surely they wouldn't make a swimsuit that wasn't? Then again nothing is called a swimsuit these days.

BrightenedBoy said...

Where are you headed? A vacation somewhere warm sounds like just the thing.