Saturday, March 23, 2019

A little bit of dust

Today I have tweeted, Facebooked, blogged, cooked, cleaned, washed and had a little rest and read. I have to tell you that some serious cobwebbing has been going on in this house. I blame the medical profession.

We are only the second people to live in our house. The first people had it built in 1952 when building rationing was still in effect. But he was a doctor with a surgery in his home so was allowed a bit more of everything meaning the ceilings in our house are quite high. Too high. Otherwise I would dust there regularly of course.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Just tell people to never look up. It's easier!

Liz Hinds said...

If you tell people what's the first thing they do, Debra? I have a rule of not cleaning above my eye level.

wherethejourneytakesme2 said...

It always looks worse when the sun shines in - but perhaps keeping the curtains closed is not the best answer!!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Offer anyone who drops in some really splendid biscuits with the coffee and no one will notice the odd cobweb.

Miss Val's Creations said...

We know this well in our house with high ceilings. I don't think the prior owners knew how to dust a home. Dust, along with cobwebs were running up the walls. I never knew walls could be dusty until moving into our new home!

Anonymous said...

Every few years, I'm embarrassed by the dusty cobweb I find hanging from a high corner. (Let's not talk about the ones I occasionally find in the basement - with ceilings only 8 feet up!) I think that most of us do not look upward when indoors.
Cop Car
P.S. We should tell people that we are early in decorating for Halloween!

Liz Hinds said...

The sun is a nightmare, wtjtm. Not only shows handprints on the windows but all the little dust motes that land again instantly when you dust.

Good thinking, sonata.

You'd love ours then, Miss Val!

I work on the principle that people won't be rude enough to comment, CopCar. Until they get home anyway.