Tuesday, February 05, 2019

How are you spending Valentine's Day?

An interesting invitation arrived in the post today. 'Discover retirement living to the full...'

A chance to see around a retirement complex on February 14th. In return they'll give me a free M&S voucher worth £20. And light refreshments.

It's probably the best offer I'm going to get for Valentine's day.


Spent the morning playing with GrandSon4. His baby sibling is now two days late and as I am on call for baby-sitting during labour I am on tenterhooks whenever the phone rings. Fortunately that's not very often. And when it does I don't hear it anyway. At least not the landline when I'm in bed or possibly asleep.

So it was Husband who leapt up this morning when the phone rang at about 7.45. It was Adam from Microsoft. Husband told him what he could.


4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

On the evening of Valentine's Day, we are going to a special event at the University of Alberta concerning its campus museums. Yes, we are a geeky pair.

Liz Hinds said...

Sounds good to me, debra!

nick said...

My idea of Valentine's Day certainly doesn't include a tour round a retirement complex! Jenny and I don't usually do anything special for Valentine's Day, but we do like to share a box of Lindt chocolates. And a maybe a visit to our favourite local coffee shop....

Anonymous said...

We do nothing special for Valentine's Day, beyond exchanging cards; but, there is a physics seminar the day before.

Our special friend from Microsoft is always kind enough to leave me a message about the sorry state of my hard drive, but I delete the message so fast that I fail to get a name, lol. I've set my phone to go directly to voice mail (without ringing) if the call is not from a number in my contacts listing. Saves me much aggravation.
Cop Car