Friday, February 01, 2019

Hope that never dies

The Six Nations Championship begins tonight. For those of you not in Europe that's rugby union. The six nations are Wales, Scotland, Ireland, England, France and Italy.

Tonight Wales plays France in Paris. 

The Welsh team has won its last nine matches meaning a lot is expected, anticipated, hoped for tonight. And, ah, there's that snowflake in the sun: hope.

As a seasoned Welsh fan I know I'm going to end up depressed at some point during the next couple of months. The more they win the higher the hopes and the greater the fall.

My, I do sound depressed already. I'm not. I'm excited and hopeful about tonight's game - which I'll be watching on television in front of the fire. Unlike some Welsh fans who may still be sitting in Bristol airport waiting for a flight after many flights today were cancelled because of the snow.

Snow? What snow?

Daughter phoned this morning to say the children had a snow day off school and did we want to go sledging with them? 

Snow? What snow?

3 comments:

Terra said...

The Six Nations Championship, I like the sound of it. Hey, maybe your team will be the champions. No snow either where I live, we don't ever get snow.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

We've had snow but it melted as soon as it fell. I'd have needed a sledge with wheels … and a hill.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wishing good luck to the Welsh team!