Wednesday, January 02, 2019

The Lady in Pink

A very happy new year to you all! Blwyddyn newydd dda! Buon anno!

New year's eve Younger Son cooked for us again and we saw in 2019 tucked up and asleep in bed. Then, to start the new year as I mean to go on - perhaps - I joined Nuora and family for a walk Younger Son was leading around Pontardawe.

It started outside the Arts Centre
and took us along the river, back along the canal 
Pontardawe canal
and then up into the woods for hot drinks and biccies.

Grandson4's little legs meant we lagged behind a bit and drove up into the woods to join the walkers later but the weather was mild and the sun actually came out for a short while.

At one point I overheard Younger Son pointing me out to one of his main group: she's the one in pink doing aeroplane impressions. Could I be an embarrassment? Nah!
With Ornella and Luca by the canal
Meanwhile in our garden these daffodil shoots demonstrate hope over experience. 
The weather has lured them out early: there may be frost in a month or so. Also the position they're in - on a corner bed - mean they are liable to be trampled over by George or, indeed, dug up by squirrels. 

Let's all opt for hope and something different this year. Whatever our circumstances have been let's not be hardened by them but challenged and hopeful for better days ahead.

Again, a very happy new year to you all! Blwyddyn newydd dda! Buon anno!

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You look very vibrant!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A very Happy New Year, full of family and cakes, love and peace.

Liz Hinds said...

I hadn't realised just how 'vibrant' I looked, Debra!

And to you, Sonata, much love.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Happy New year to you and Mike. I havent been over to read for a while. So just catching up with your stories . Taking me a while (smile)

Anonymous said...

That's what parents are for! - to embarrass their progeny. What is the tree in the top photo? Is it really abloom, now?
Cop Car

Liz Hinds said...

Happy New Year to you too, Anne.

No, they're memorial poppies from November I assume, CC.

Polly said...

Sounds like a nice walk. I like pink, it's one of my favourite colours. I have some tulips in the shed waiting to be put into pots, I hope I haven't left it too late!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you make an ideal mother in law. lucky girls.
and as long as it's not Pepto Bismal pink...
for treating upset in the lower regions for that which shall not be named...
I'm IN!
Happy New Year to you all too!

Furtheron said...

Happy New Year to you too Liz