Sunday, December 16, 2018

Mercedes drivers ...

I'm not being car-ist - which is what people always say just before they're whatever-ist they say they're not going to be - but Mercedes drivers? Really?

Phrases like 'think they own the road', and 'big car, little ...' spring to mind. But yesterday I was behind one, an earlier Mercedes having cut me up, and the little Mercedes sign on the boot suddenly flicked up. I thought, 'He's going to shoot me!'

He didn't obviously or I wouldn't be here to tell the tale. Perhaps he just wanted to take my photo.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's the Mercedes equivalent of flipping you the middle finger!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I think it's the motorists equivalent of the Masonic handshake.

nick said...

I find it's the Seat drivers who are the cheekiest. Tailgating, cutting me up, overtaking me and then screeching to a halt at the next traffic lights. What is their problem? They'll get to their destination about five minutes earlier than if they drove normally. If that.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Did you know that Trump's spokesperson is called Mercedes Schlapp ;-) ?
PS: Schlapp is German for Limp, but used in Germany to mean Kaputt :-)