Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Fame at last

I was recognised!

Today when dog-walking a woman stopped me and said that she read my articles in The Bay. (She didn't ask for an autograph or even say that she liked them but still.)

I'll try not to let it go to my head.

After a brief meander Husband and George stopped and went home but I carried on with Holly, who's staying with us for the week. It was the first serious dog walk I've had since the extent of George's arthritic condition was realised.

As it's been the driest period we've had since 1435 or thereabouts I thought it would be safe to walk along the river bank in my sandals. Holly could keep cool and I could practise the bible study I'm leading in Zac's tonight.


 I was forgetting this is Wales. There are parts of Wales that have not been dry since the dawn of life.
But Holly enjoyed herself.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I think Holly likes staying with you. Shes found a nice little water spot too. Carry a pen everywhere you go just incase you need to give your autograph to someone. Haha. You just never know.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

it seems your book alone would make you a celebrity!
and at first I thought you were showing us a snake! but then I have to remember you're in Wales not in the wild west of America. and I LOVE the shot of Holly belly deep!
it's all good. :)

Liz Hinds said...

I think I should carry a pen, don't you, Lisa?!

We do have snakes but mostly grass snakes and some adders, Tammy. Not the big scary kinds.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Since we're under sea level the river's still nicely wet. Every adult is carrying an ice cream cone at all times, preferably two, and the givers of guided tours in traditional costume are nowhere to be seen.

Liz Hinds said...

I don't mind the river being wet, sonata, it's the paths I was hoping were dry!