Tuesday, July 17, 2018

And finally ...

Our resort in the Ardeche is used to catering for cyclists so all the restaurants give big portions. First La Muzelle.
Raw beef, parmesan, capers and basil oil starter.

Tartiflette is a traditional mountain dish of bacon, potatoes, cheese - in this case Reblochon - and cream.

Afternoon tea in a tea shop.

A good find for our last meal in Bourg: Cote Terrase. it's actually a camp site restaurant and you don't expect those to be brilliant but this was really good. I thought I'd taken more photos but there you are. I expect you're glad I haven't. I think I had very nicely cooked duck.
More moules.

We stayed in St. Malo the night before catching the ferry home and we visited a superb restaurant, Bouche en Folie, just inside the town walls.
My starter of mackerel fillet on a glazed tomato tart.

Husband's crab balls.

Husband's duck.

My beef cheek. Delicieux.

Husband's cherry creme brulee.

My no-coffee tiramisu.
I think the award for best second honeymoon food must go Les Chames with Bouche en Folie a close second.

No comments: