Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Beauty out of ugly things

I was leading the bible study in Zac's last night. Normally I ask one of the men to call everyone to attention but yesterday, in a nod to the suffragettes, I decided, 'I don't need a man! I can do it.' 

And I did! 

Fortunately there weren't that many people in. Enough chatty ones to keep the discussion going though. I only had retake control a couple of times by leaping in when someone stopped to breathe and continuing talking (over and) pretending I didn't hear further attempts to prolong the distraction. Go me!

A really lovely passage (Ephesians 2:1-10) about grace and the love of God. It's liberating to realise there's nothing you have to do, no bar to reach, no ladder to climb, no palms to grease, in order to experience God's love and grace. Not only nothing you have to do but nothing you can do.

'Grace makes beauty out of ugly things.'
Grace by U2

No comments: