Tuesday, June 05, 2018

All in a morning's work

My calendar is empty; I have a week of no commitments. I don't know what to do with myself.

I did all the tidying last week ready for the family party (to follow) so I can do 'other stuff'. Hmm. I have an article to write and I could get try and get in touch with my subject for the book again. Or I could relax. 

As the weather is cooler today I decided I'd take advantage and go into town to buy a new swimsuit. Husband said, 'Another swimsuit?'
'Yes. One that doesn't make me look like a dam-buster laden with bouncing bombs when I walk at anything faster than a snail's speed.'

Swimsuit designers seem to have melt-downs when creating: the majority are either black or a confusion of colour. My problem is worse because of said large boobs. What I really need - and what I ended up buying - is what I think is called a tankini: bikini bottom and a proper bra-sized long top. But not quite as long as I would like. Mind the gap! Some fake tan is called for on my belly I think. 

Having found a swimsuit I moved on to the bra shop where I ended up buying two bras at a price I am afraid to confess. But my excuse is that I get good wear out of them and I don't buy expensive clothes normally and good support is important and anyway I don't need an excuse because I'm worth it.

Like my silver trinity pendant
Then it was on to H. Samuel. I bought a chain there some months ago and the clasp had become very tricky to open. The jeweller replaced the clasp and brought it back for me to try. 'Yes, that's fine,' I said, 'but where's the dingle dangle?'

It wasn't until he'd disappeared to look for it that I thought dingle dangle might not have been the professional terminology with which he would have been familiar. But he found it. 

Then I booked a hair cut for next Tuesday and bought some Deep heat for my stiff neck and still manged, in spite of being confused by the car park machine, to get in under an hour's car parking.

A good morning's work I think.

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

"dam-buster laden with bouncing bombs" :

Actually, the Lancaster could only carry ONE bouncing bomb; they weighed five tons and needed a spin-up frame hanging half out of the bomb bay.
See my May post on the 75th anniverary of the dam-buster raids.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

In the absence of a spin-up frame, a comfortable swim suit is definitely essential and no luxury. Mind you, these days, I'd only swim if the whole of Europe flooded overnight.