Friday, March 17, 2017

Some unashamed self promotion


It occurs to me that some more recent readers of my blog may not be aware that I am a published author. (I know: you can't tell from reading my blog.)

After success with a number of non-fiction books I tried my hand at a novel. After twenty-seven rejections I decided to self-publish and This Time Next Year is the result. 

To give you a taste of it here's the blurb from the Amazon page:

When her decree absolute arrives in the post with her 50th birthday cards Alison Turner wonders if middle age life can get any worse. When the highlights of the last year include being told off by the plumber for 'putting feminine items of hygiene down the lavatory', and her husband leaving her for a 28-year-old 'bimbo', it's easy to understand why Alison exclaims in her diary, 'I do not want another year like that. I must get a new plumber.' 

But if the romantic aspect of Alison's life leaves a lot to be desired (including sex, which is something the rest of her family appear to be enjoying) the everyday aspect is full of incident. In a year of well-intentioned ineptitude, as Alison records in her diary, she is thrown out of a pub for the first time in her life, begins to diet eight times (at least), finds out twelve unappealing things about dogs and discovers that first impressions can sometimes be misleading.

This Time Next Year is available as a paperback or as an ebook from Amazon. Just click on this link.

It might be worth bearing in mind especially with Mother's Day coming up! Or as a present for yourself.

By the same author (as they say on the back of books): A Cop for Christ For Officer Mike DiSanza of the NYPD patrolling the harsh, unforgiving streets of Harlem and the Bronx, it was a near-death experience that led to an amazing turnaround in his perception of the world around him. 

No comments: