Friday, March 31, 2017

Roar!

GrandDaughter1 was, of course, excellent in her school assembly today. She had a few lines and spoke them clearly and loudly.

Each member of the class had at least one line to say. Some had lots but each and every one said a few words. They're only six or seven and they had to stand in front of the whole school and two rows of parents/grandparents and say their bit. If I'd had to do that at their age I'd have died. I just couldn't imagine having done it. I am full of admiration for them all.

The theme for the term's work was the right of every child to speak and to be heard and they chose to sing Katy Perry's song, Roar, as a statement of confidence. School is different these days.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Yes, school is vastly different from my school days. We didn't have that when I first went to school. I think it helps them to not be afraid of public speaking.

Liz Hinds said...

Oh it does, SJ. I grew up so shy and scared to utter a sound! And I still struggle.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I was shy or scared ..just didn't like school. Nor did I like the Nuns. Well done to your grandaughter. Just like mine.