Thursday, March 30, 2017

I didn't slap her

Because I am a good Christian woman (ahem) and, more importantly, she is significantly larger than me.

I had just apologised because I'd not had time to do something. No, actually I had done it but not as thoroughly as I would have liked. So this woman says helpfully, 'If you don't have time to do the things you need to do you need to make the time!'

I almost said, 'Out of thin air?' but she was smiling so sweetly I just smiled back while grimacing inwardly.

While it's true that I do waste some time - Facebook, solitaire - some people would include blogging in this list but I call writing an essential part of me - I do have a number of planned and unexpected commitments.

For example I try to look after GrandDaughter2 on Wednesdays but this week I've also child-minded while parents went to parents' evening and I'll be going in to school tomorrow afternoon to see GrandDaughter1 performing in her class assembly. I consider all of those as essential things I want to do.

When you add in all the weekly everyday things you find there's not a lot of minutes left. I get everything done that I have to get done so I am thinking rude signs to helpful person.

And today's Thursday. And on Thursdays I get home from bible study by about 4.00 pm and then I take a cup of tea and I curl up in bed with my book for an hour or so. It is my regular little treat of the week that I look forward to!

3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

You really should just have slapped her ... or handed over the ironing .

Sharon said...

I don't really like someone telling me what to do or how to do it. I really don't have enough information on this event.

nick said...

But how do you make more time when you only have so much of it? She should keep her gratuitous advice to herself.