Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Back to Zac's

After a long gap I'm off to Zac's tonight. So that meant cake-making, in particular a birthday cake for a 4-year-old who might not be there so it's a versatile cake. Candles can be added.
Younger Son follows a gluten-free diet so I occasionally buy him Mrs Crimble's coconut cakes. How hard can it be to make them, says I. The answer is not very but don't cook them for so long next time - even though I checked them 8 minutes before they were due to be ready. Not very sweet but okay. I was going to dip them in melted chocolate but YS has given it up for Lent.

Then because I had to open a tin of condensed milk  for the coconut cakes I decided I might as well as use it up with some admittedly misshapen white chocolate cookies. 


So my good intention to begin dieting today has already gone down the pan. (Also weighed for the first time for ages today and at 10 st I want to lose 7 lbs.)

Speaking of Lent (refer back three paragraphs) my resolution to write a blog post each day is going much better than my discard an item a day resolution. Mostly because I just forget. 

I'll go and do it now.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a cute idea for a cake!
Discard and item a day? Hmm, maybe I should try that.

Liz Hinds said...

Whoops, keep forgetting!