Monday, November 28, 2016

Flashed at

Driving to Daughter's this morning I was tootling away on my imaginary trumpet to Mozart's Horn Concerto when there was a sudden flash in front of my eyes.

Was I hallucinating? Strange hallucination if it were. Was it lightning? With a clear blue sky it seemed unlikely. Leaving the only possible answer: the speed camera flashed at me.

I blame Mozart. I drive the road loads of times and I always slow down when the speed limit changes from 40 to 30. Really there should be a slow-down zone where a little bit of excess speed doesn't count. I think.

Well, I can't go on a speed awareness course before Christmas; I'm too busy.

But last week I scratched the front side of Mini reversing out of Uncle's underground car park. It is a very narrow turnround area and Husband has done it himself but it has set me thinking that maybe I should give up driving. Or definitely pay more attention.

Anyway, poopy, poopy, poopy.

2 comments:

nick said...

Sometimes you don't even know what the speed limit is. It's very sneaky when you see a Speed Camera warning but there's no indication of the permitted speed. What am I supposed to do? Slow down to 30 mph with a string of annoyed and impatient drivers behind me? And yes, you're right, there should be a slow-down zone.

Liz Hinds said...

Ah well, thanks to Husband having done the speed awareness course twice I do know about speed limits and what they are! And usually i'm quite good. Hey ho. I shall report back fully when I've done the course myself.