Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The diet starts here

Having been thoroughly depressed by the scales this morning I resolved that today would definitely be the day I began a proper diet. As opposed to the improper ones I have been playing around with for the last two years.

Breakfast of two weetabix as usual and so far so good.
Lunch of boiled eggs, ryvita and a banana, pretty good.
Then we went for a ride in our new car. Over the common and back via Verdi's.


It was Husband's idea! But I didn't resist very hard. (For very hard read 'at all'.)

On the plus side we're celebrating birthdays in Zac's tonight so there's no left-over cake to eat as there is when I do a tray bake or muffins. I say left-over when what I mean is that we eat some before I take it to Zac's.

The cake this week was a challenge. Two birthdays to mark: a 20-year-old goth and a 2-year-old. This is what I came up with:
Do you like the detail around the eyes?


4 comments:

Jay, Sparking Synapse said...

I LOVE the cake!! Brilliant. Just brilliant. Did the Goth and the 2 year old like it?

Liz Hinds said...

The goth did; the 2-year-old was very tired and Mr Grumpy!

nick said...

I blame coffee shops and all their irresistible cakes and pastries for the entire obesity crisis. They should all be shut down immediately.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

It would all just be driven underground !