Friday, March 06, 2015

The best-selling author

In the library last week I noticed a display of the top 40 authors - I assume it meant most borrowed probably in the Swansea area. I recognised most of the names but I had not only not read any by the number one author, I hadn't even heard of her.

Her name is Stephanie Laurens and apparently, according to my later research on Amazon, she is one of the world's most popular authors of historical romances. I quickly glanced at the books on display in the library and concluded they were of the Mills and Boon ilk, which might be and probably is an unfair, sweeping and uninformed comment. Judging by the covers I don't think they'd be to my taste though. (I know, I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but don't we all?)

2 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Perhaps you can read it and then let us know how it was ?
The combination of 'masterful' and a parasol on the cover might indicate a happy ever after ending !

Liz Hinds said...

Do you think I should, Sonata? I suppose you're right. Or I could make it up ...