Saturday, September 14, 2013

And we're off!

Is it very 'old' to choose a holiday cottage because it has a 'queen-size bed with comfortable mattress'?

No, that wasn't the only reason: it's also a romantic cottage for two close to the Pembrokeshire coastal path. And there wasn't that much choice at the last minute. But the bed did sway it for me.

Just waiting for Husband to finish getting ready; I've been ready for ages. Also been very excited all week. You'd think we were off to, I don't know, Bali Hai or somewhere, not west Wales, probably in the rain.

Husband is taking his laptop and there is - intermittent - wifi I believe but I'm not planning on using it too much. I did contemplate taking my exercise dvd with me but only very briefly. This holiday is to rest and relax, enjoy the countryside and take gentle walks. (Actually Husband doesn't do 'gentle' walks but if there's a promise of an ice cream/cream tea at the end I can be persuaded to go most places.)

7 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

have fun Liz xxx

Katney said...

;-)

Trubes said...

Have a good rest, if you're near Narberth there's a good butcher there, wonderful lamb and pork chops to die for.... I always suss out the finest purveyors of the local fayre. Are you taking George?
Have fun,
love di..xx

Leslie: said...

Do take your camera, Liz! I'd love to see shots of west Wales and the views off the shore.

Unknown said...

Have a lovely break, Liz. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back and to seeing some photos. x

CherryPie said...

Just waiting for Husband to finish getting ready; I've been ready for ages.

I had a bit of a Deja Vu moment when I read that...

That is what happened on the morning we were due to travel on our recent holiday!!

I hope you have a fabulous time :-)

nick said...

Oh, a comfortable mattress and a proper night's sleep is absolutely essential when you're on holiday. Jenny and I were in a hotel room last week with the creakiest mattress we've ever experienced. It kept us awake the first night but luckily after that it didn't bother us.