Sunday, October 14, 2012

Paddling my own canoe

Husband went kayaking yesterday with a group of people from church with Breakout Adventure. I organised it but decided this was one adventure too far for me. (My real fear was that I'd lose my paddle or get left behind and generally be an embarrassment.)

Anyway George and I walked round the cliffs instead while they set off and we spotted them on our way back. That's them in the photo. Honest. See those little dots in the middle of the sea? I knew there was a good reason for me not to go.

We had a lovely walk and enjoyed the view as we sat on Pwll Ddu to munch on our snacks: apple for me, stick for George.

I had to take off my shoes and socks to cross the river running down into the sea but I refrained from removing any other clothing unlike this lady. But, to be honest, I think I was braver than her because I was paddling in bitterly cold fresh water while she was just swimming in the sea, which as everyone knows is warmer.
 And I had my own adventure: there are places where the cliff path is precariously close to a sheer drop.


2 comments:

Leslie: said...

I see what you mean about that cliff drop...just the thought of it would make me fall over!

Liz Hinds said...

I'm not usually good near edges, leslie. Maybe it was the fact that I had no option!