Monday, April 16, 2012

Why I'm never going to watch Hitchcock's Birds

Arriving at work this morning I spotted a cat climbing a tree. We all know what happens to cats who climb trees: the fire brigade gets called out so the embarrassment of being rescued is why, presumably, we don't see many cats attempt it. Fascinated I watched the moggy.
He must have gone up about 8' when he stopped, looking unsure. Then a big black crow swooped around the trunk of the tree. Moggy hesitated a moment longer then beat a retreat.
I don't blame him; I'd have backed down faced with that evil-looking bird.


Yesterday a neighbour told us he'd seen a heron in our garden. That might explain why we haven't seen the fish in the outside pond for a few days.


No, you don't want to argue with birds.

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

A neighbour's cat had to be rescued last week as it had climbed about 30 feet up a giant cedar and couldn't get down. Yours was lucky!

Katney said...

The Birds was filmed just a few miles from my hubby's hometown when he was growing up there.

James Higham said...

One of my favourite films that - Tippy Hedren.

Liz Hinds said...

Gosh, really, leslie? Poor thing. You'd think they'd be more sensible.

that must have been exciting, katney.

Not one I've seen, james.