Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This Time Next Year, the paperback

Well, I've gone and done it! I've ordered a copy of my novel in paperback from Lulu!


It turns out that all the problems I've been having with images disappearing when I looked at the print-ready copy were easily solved: by using Husband's laptop! Looks like they were there all along and I've torn out my hair pointlessly.


It works out expensive though for a paperback copy: minimum price I could set on Lulu was £7.10 and at that, if copies are sold through other outlets, I don't get any royalties. But, I tell myself, I'm not in it for the money. But by the time postage is added a copy will be about £10, which isn't going to make it a big seller.


But I'll have one!


But I'd better warn my 86-year-old uncle. He told me he wants to order 17 copies - he has a lot of lady friends. Maybe some of them will have to share!



3 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Congratulations!

Katney said...

Wonderful!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, all. I just wish it were less costly.