Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Running away to join the circus

Been a busy bee this afternoon, making apple cake for Zac's and brownies to take to Devon tomorrow.


I noticed, when I was rubbing the fat into the flour for the apple cake, that there was a funny coloured bit. I didn't appear to be bleeding from any obvious orifice so I think it must have been jam.


I fished it out just in case though.


Did you know there were lots of circuses in Mexico? A girl has just won a Geographical Society award for her project on running away to join a circus. That's never something I wanted to do. I was probably fussy about toilets from an early age.

6 comments:

Rose said...

I used to daydream about running away, but not to a circus...a beachside resort always sounded good to me:) Glad to know you're feeling more upbeat and busy making brownies and apple cake.

Good to hear your bleeding heart is doing well and that you now have some hellebores. They do take a year or two before really blooming, though, so don't get discouraged if they don't do much the first year.

NitWit1 said...

After reading a best seller, made into a movie, Water for the Elephants, I won't even go to a circus. It was sad for both beasts and me performers, as wellas the ancillary personel.

jams o donnell said...

Sadly there's little demand for clumsy middle aged oafs and I draw the line at clowning. No chance of me running away to a circus now!

Suburbia said...

Sometimes I worry about you Liz. ;-)

( you still have both thumbs don't you?!)

nick said...

I'd like to run away and join a millionaire.

James Higham said...

You'd never be a gypsy either?