Thursday, April 12, 2012

My life in 60 words

I've been trawling through old computer files with a view to publishing as ebooks some of the 'Christian' books Daughter and I wrote, and I came across a short poem I'd written when asked for a mini-biography of up to 150 words. I wrote my mini-biog, counted the words and there were only 58. I was a bit shocked to find I could fit in to so few words.



My life
My life fits into sixty words
the who, the what, the where.
But where in that is me?
The why, the how, the who
of me
the hopes and prayers
the dreads and fears
the thoughts and deeds
the lies and truths
the real and lost...
the glimmer within
that dares to dream.

My life fits in a thousand years,
just.

8 comments:

Suburbia said...

'where in that is me?' I reckon we've all asked that at some point. I like your 60 words :-)

Rose said...

What a great poem! The "who" and "what" are the easy parts, but they don't really describe a person do they.

By the way, I also look in the mirror sometimes and wonder, too, just who that person is looking back at me.

Sally Wessely said...

I love this. I should try doing this.

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, all.

Welcome, RET!

nick said...

Great poem. It alludes to so much in just a few lines.

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow Liz - great stuff! I don't have a kindle so missed out on your novel but would love to read it. Any idea whether other forms are soon to be available?

Ole Phat Stu said...

Certainly, I'll get a life.
Really short though.
And even more so, due to
Procrastination ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

I'm not really a poet, nick, so very rarely venture into that world!

I've ordered the first paperback version, mrs n, and if it's all right I'll broadcast the details - but it will be expensive!

Neat, stu.