Sunday, March 18, 2012

So how was your day?

We had a very good speaker in church this morning. The fact that I used the time to plan the birthday cake I'm going to make on Tuesday was down to me and my personal preferences for a Sunday morning talk. (Although the fact sheets where we had to fill in the missing words when we were told to might not have helped.)

Mothers' Day and no cards. I'm not talking to my sons. I did have a lovely bunch of flowers from Daughter though so not totally forgotten. And all the ladies in church were given a daffodil with a bible verse attached. Mine was Proverbs 31:10-31.
I've just looked that up to find it's the bit about the Wife of Noble Character. Ladies, if you've never read this passage, don't. It'll give you a complex for life. Talk about Mrs Perfect.

I stood up in church too this morning and asked for volunteers for prison work. At one point I seem to recall comparing myself to Mother Teresa. I must start taking the tablets again ...

2 comments:

Stu said...

Never thought of you as a sanctimonious Albanian dwarf...

Liz Hinds said...

Really?