Monday, February 27, 2012

Our baby's name is ...

GrandSon2 is now officially named Cadel Dylan.


Yes, I know, you've never heard of the name Cadel. I haven't met anyone who has yet. But it's of Welsh origin although the traditional Welsh version is spelled with ll at the end and means battle. It's a name that came to the attention of Daughter and, more specifically, Son-in-law when Australian Cadel Evans won the 2011 Tour de France. Son-in-law, who's a keen cyclist, liked the name.


So there you have it. He's absolutely gorgeous, of course, and loves his food and cwching. Sounds like someone else I know.

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

Is that pronounced with a long a, Liz? I love it! And again, congratulations to all.

Rose said...

That's a lovely name! Our youngest grandson is named Camden, which was a new name to me, too. Both names sound very distinguished to me.

Furtheron said...

I was born in late 1962 the year Graham Hill won his first world championship... no wonder I've always loved F1... my sons middle name is James :-) Mrs F never spotted that one until she told a friend some months later - she laughed... "James Hunt!!! How'd you let Graham get away with that?" (James was a boyhood hero of mine - and bizarrely some years later I became friends with his ex-wife!) Mrs F wasn't best pleased ...

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, it is, leslie. Thank you.

I know Camden as a place but not a name, rose. Thank you.

Crafty, furtheron!