Thursday, February 09, 2012

Happy birthday, Daughter! (But not birth day)

Last night I'd just gone to bed when I remembered: it was 32 years ago at about that time of night that we had to go to hospital as my waters had broken. Yes, it's Daughter's birthday today!


She had a midwife appointment this morning and all is well, baby and all vital signs are as they should be, baby just not showing any sign of wanting to leave its nice warm and comfy nest. The midwife was very relaxed and suggested the usual things to bring on labour: walking, curry, sex. Daughter was hoping she'd tell her the secret to encouraging baby out but if there were a secret everyone would know by now. Baby will come when it's ready.


Husband came down to join us yesterday. Probably just as well as he fell out of a tree the day before. While holding a chainsaw. 'I couldn't help laughing,' he said, 'as I dangled there, one hand holding on to the tree the other grasping the chainsaw.' Yes, hilarious. 


I'd like to think that he wouldn't do that if I were there with him but he would. 'Phft,' he says, 'I know what I'm doing.'


Which is obviously how he came to fall out of a tree ...

5 comments:

Furtheron said...

I have a picture in my head of your husband sawing through the branch of the tree that he was sat on a la Tom and Jerry kind of humour :-)

jams o donnell said...

Ah well as you say Baby when come when baby wants to.

As for husband, give thanks he's not 'armless!

Leslie: said...

Thank goodness husband still has his head! lol

Hope the waiting won't be too much longer. Can hardly wait to hear the news!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Health and Safety should really ban chainsaws .

Baby is obviously waiting to make a grand entrance in a blizzard . Meanwhile there's not a great deal you can do .... though a curry never goes amiss .

CherryPie said...

All I can say to that is *sighs* Men!!!

Oh most importantly Happy Birthday Daughter :-)