Sunday, October 02, 2011

Of the spooky kind

You know in films you can tell when the spaceship is about to land or Mary Poppins is going to appear because strange things start to happen? Well, that's what it was like in our garden today.

It was a still calm afternoon when all of a sudden there was a rustling and lots of leaves fell off the tree overhanging our garden. Then as suddenly as the fall began it stopped. A few seconds later the same thing happened to another tree just along the road.

Uoh uh uh uh oooh (that's meant to be the noise from Close Encounters).

Unfortunately there was no sign of Ms Poppins. But it did remind me of the notice I saw in the hospital. It said if you were over 55 and being discharged from hospital you could get help with stuff including light housework.

I wonder if it's too late for Husband to ask for that.

Which in turn reminds me of the builder's van I passed on Friday and which I'm sure had this notice on the back: Huge discounts for nymphomaniacs.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

I suspect you had a squirrel rummaging in the trees.

Liz Hinds said...

I don't think so, cherrypie. i did look.