Thursday, May 05, 2011

This week in Devon

My new best friend after I fed him (her?) grapes. I had to crush them a little before piggy realised grapes were nice to eat but then she couldn't get enough. When I stuck my hand in between the fencing to point to a fallen grape (oh, the shame!) she tried to chew my arm but soon realised that fluffy jumpers weren't edible.You're lucky: there could have been a photo of dog poo on here but I resisted the temptation. But honestly you'd have been tempted too if you'd seen the colour of HollyDog's poo. If I didn't suspect her of eating green playdoh I would have been seriously worried.

And on the way out on our walk, as we passed cars parked outside the church, I said to Holly and GrandDaughter, who might have been asleep by then, 'Bother, Granny's knickers are falling down already.' That was just before I noticed the man sitting in the car with the window open.

The new shorts I bought on Tuesday have turned out to be the same size as the ones I already had that are too big.

We got home tonight just in time to vote. I was thrown slightly when I got there and I was handed three ballot papers so it was a good job I'd taken my glasses with me. And that's a strange place to end a post but my brain has stopped working.

5 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I loved reading your post Liz, thanks for the chuckle. Have a lovely weekend.

CherryPie said...

The voting was fine but I did struggle with which box to put each one in. It is a good job I am not colour blind...

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Denise, and welcome.

Ours all went in the same box, cherrypie!

Tracey said...

you put a smile on my face.. hehehe.
Devon is a wonderful place x

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Since you look far too young to be a granny , he'll have thought you were talking about some octogenarian behind you with the rest of the family .