Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Life's little trials

Life is far too complicated even for a highly intelligent woman like me.

How am I supposed to know where the horn is? And as for what gear I'm in or which lane I'm supposed to be in: have you driven around Swansea lately? The new road system means there are cars coming at you from all sorts of strange directions. If I have to cross the road I look every way at least three times.

I can see the appeal of being Queen and being driven around everywhere.

I've just come back, you see, from a trip to the garden centre. I thought they'd have a special 'Shade garden' section but they didn't so I just bought a lavender to replace one of those that died in that horrendously cold winter and a pack of seeds. Notice the important words on the front of the packet: Easy, Beginners.

Then I went to Sainsburys to get the ingredients for the recipe I'm making for tea tonight. They didn't have the sausages it said or the sauce so it won't be exactly as it's meant to be but close enough I'm thinking.

On the plus side, while I was looking for my sunglasses in my handbag I found a chocolate bar. You can't argue with fate.

Postscript
I've planted my seeds as directed now I wait with bated breath to see if they grow. Despite Easy and Beginners I have my doubts.

3 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Choocy? now that was serendipity!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Enjoy the choc after your stressful day!

NitWit1 said...

A bar of chocolate covers a multitude of disappointments!