Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How I want to spend my last hours

If I wake up dead in the morning I do not want to remember that I spent the last few hours of my life trying to force blue bits of cardboard to fit together.

That's why I've given up doing one jigsaw and have started on another.

But I haven't quite come to terms with myself yet. I can hear my old maths teacher saying, 'You give up on everything. You have no perseverance.'

I will know I have truly come of age when I can do only the interesting bits of jigsaw and not worry about the sky.

4 comments:

Furtheron said...

No perseverance? How long you been married? Teachers - lots to answer for - one hit me on the head with a rubber mallet and called me a spastic once... I'll hate that man till the day I die you know.

NitWit1 said...

My first procedure with jigsaws is to put the border together. If I can't find all the pieces, back in the box it goes, so I may never get to the sky.

CherryPie said...

I hate the blue bits too!

Liz Hinds said...

Good point, furtheron!

I vary, nitwit. Sometimes I'll do most of the edge and then move inside.

So boring, cherrypie. No point to them.