Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lenten thanks 30

I am so thankful for Elder Son (seen here with his new niece). He's funny and gentle and thoughtful. He's supportive and encouraging to me. He's quiet in company he doesn't know well and doesn't make loads of friends easily but his friendships are real and solid although his easy-going nature sometimes means he gets taken advantage of.

People who know him have said he's so laid-back he's practically horizontal. He doesn't get ruffled and is a very hard worker - he works ridiculously long hours in London. He's clever and thinks deeply but don't ask him to make a decision!

He has a very sensitive nature and tends to bottle things up except when he's at a rugby match. He's creative and has more ideas and plans and dreams than anyone I know.

He was very fussy when it came to girls - 'Isn't there a single girl in the whole of Birmingham university that you fancy?' - but he knew what he wanted and he found her.

I also happen to think that he's extremely handsome but I would say that, wouldn't I?

8 comments:

Gledwood said...

nogisnap..!

sorry ~ couldnt' resist telling you!!

Gledwood said...

pps: gionesin

Anonymous said...

:0)

James Higham said...

He looks pretty horizontal there. I'm also horizontal after a night of celebration.

I just love all the Gledwood avatars above. :)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Indeed he is , and his niece seems to think he's the bee's knees too !

Leslie: said...

Well, I agree that he's a very handsome young man! And even though we're not "supposed" to believe in astrology, he sounds like a Libra to me - like me in some respects.

Lia said...

He sounds so lovely and very much like my boys. Elder son will not get any old girl friend just for the sake of having a girlfriend, I hope his time comes soon.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how embarrassed do you think he is by this post lol.

much love
Lia
xx

ps yes he is handsome

CherryPie said...

He sounds the perfect guy to me :-)