Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lenten thanks 24

Driving home from Devon yesterday I was listening to Leaders of the Pack, a cd consisting of female singers from the 60s. I'd walked back to happiness and stopped in the name of love before Freda Payne started singing about her Band of Gold, which is all she has left of her marriage.

(Somehow I've underlined and bolded this paragraph and can't get rid of it.)

It made me think about my band of gold. It was put on my finger nearly 32 years ago and it hasn't been off since.

In itself the ring isn't important. Much like the cross of Christ it's just a symbol, but they are both symbolic of love, its power and its value.

I'm grateful for these two symbols and what they remind me of.

And that was yesterday's thanks.

2 comments:

Lia said...

32years, that's wonderful Liz.

CherryPie said...

That's lovely :-)