Saturday, March 13, 2010

Just time-ticking

Just doing a bit of blogging while counting down to the Wales Ireland game. I've had to change my fantasy first team AGAIN as Ryan Jones (my favourite and Wales captain) is injured and not playing. As I said before, judging by the number of players who were in my team who then got injured, I have the touch of death. Maybe I should have chosen Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland captain) and then he'd be out today. But I refuse out of principle to have in my team: I don't like him. I've read that he's very single-minded and he doesn't appear to have a sense of humour if an Irishman without a sense of humour isn't a contradiction in terms.

* * * * * * * * *

Tonight we're off to a musical soiree!

A couple of months ago there was a charity auction and friends of ours bought 'a musical evening with light supper for eight', and we're invited. I feel very Elizabeth Bennett although Mrs Bennett is probably more me.

* * * * * * * *

I have yesterday's Thanks to write (I know what it is I just haven't got down to writing it yet) as well as today's (as yet undecided).

Oh yes, and I think it's a good job I've come home. Husband, Mr 'I don't like gin; I'm a malt whisky man', has taken to drinking gin and tonic in my absence. In cocktail glasses.

A worrisome turn of affairs.

* * * * * * * * *

P.S. Ireland 27 - 12 Wales
Lacklustre. Let's hope England wins later on this afternoon. (And I must be feeling bad if I say that.)

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, dear! Poor old Wales. Cincin to husband!

Leslie: said...

Did "Mr." drink g&t 'cuz there was no whiskey? Or did he decide he liked it? Or better yet, did he miss you so much he thought if he drank your drink you'd kinda like be there with him? lol

nick said...

I couldn't possibly get addicted to gin, I can't stand the taste. Chocolate or ice cream however....

You should only be worried if you start to find bottles of gin cunningly secreted around the house....