Thursday, March 04, 2010

Lenten thanks 16

I am very grateful for my peeler.

I've had the same style one for years - the sort with a bit of string wrapped round the handle. The original one had its string renewed so many time before it finally gave up the ghost. My father-in-law, after seeing me use it one time when they were visiting, kindly bought me a new super-whizzo peeler ... but I couldn't get to grips with it.

I finally found another one the same as my first love - although without the bit of string.

I am reminded how much I love my peeler after struggling with Daughter's.

It's the simple things that make life simple.

3 comments:

Furtheron said...

Isn't that a Lancashire Peeler? I think that is what they are called and I like you can only use that type. My daugther at school uses some funny thing which looks like a disposal razor and insisted I buy one, when in a Morrisons in Aberystwyth (I went all the way to Wales and all I bought was a weird shaped peeler!). Both me and Mrs F have tried to use it in vain and always go back to the old faithful in the drawer.

Funny how some things are important.... runner bean slicers being much better at slicing beans than an egg slicer for example... but that is another story

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Other peoples' kitchens are purgatory !

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, furtheron! I just googled it. that's exactly what I had. the one I have now is same style but different handle.

Impossible to find your way around and nothing ever works quite like your own, s&s!