Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What do you wear to a wedding in a field?

Last time I went to a wedding in a field I wore 'wedding' clothes and looked like a twit. This time I asked the bride what I should wear. She said, 'Something floaty.'

So I've bought a long floaty dress, very 60s, retro, psychedelic. If it pours with rain, it will hide my wellies and not show the mud.

Daughter says I should get some non-hippy friends, but I like the ones I have.

First dress I tried on I did like but then saw my face. Old face, young dress. Didn't go together. I do hate those changing rooms that 'help' you by letting you view yourself from every conceivable angle. I don't want to see myself from there!

Although I did buy a Barbie t-shirt but sadly not in bright pink.

P.S. I thought Husband would laugh when he saw my dress so, to get that out of the way, I tried it on to show him.

He didn't laugh! He said it looked nice.

But he couldn't resist adding, 'It'll make a lovely pair of curtains afterwards.'

I'm thinking of putting him on ebay. One Husband, slightly worn but good about the house. That's a point: he's only halfway through fixing the pond; I'd better keep him.

For a while.

11 comments:

Leslie: said...

I am sure I'm going to have that same problem finding a wedding dress suitable to my age & situation. I'm thinking of going with a cocktail style of short dress.

Anna said...

That sounds like I am anti hippy! I am not, but I think weddings in fields must be hard work.

xxx

Katney said...

I have seen stranger things on e-bay.

nick said...

Pictures, pictures! Then we can see if husband is right about the curtains or whether he's being disgustingly rude and ungallant.

Lia said...

Liz darling, when he has finished with your pond can I borrow him.
Maybe if you send himself off round the country on missions for blog buddies he won't be so cheeky in the future. I also have a sister who needs help round the house.

By the way it could be worse than hippies in a field, we were once invited to a naked wedding, there was no way we were going, but it did save the worry of dress code I guess.

much love,
Lia xx

CherryPie said...

I have never been to a Wedding in a field!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, don't put him on ebay till he's fixed the pond!

jmb said...

At least you get to wear the dress before they become curtains, unlike poor Scarlet who had to make a dress from the curtains.

I'm sure it is lovely. I think floaty sounds lovely and I'm sure it looks good too.

Furtheron said...

I remember staying in a hotel once in NYC that was wall to wall mirrors in the bathroom and the bathroom was a hexagonal shape. On the second morning I was joined at breakfast by an American colleague, he now is my bosses boss actually, and he asked if I had a bathroom like that. "Yep mine is like that".

"I just hate it" he said "That amount of visual information before breakfast can serious destroy my day" and he confessed he'd tried being in the room without the light on but that was more danger than it was worth.

sally in norfolk said...

great place to get married... cannot wait to see your dress or the brides for that matter :-)

Liz Hinds said...

That sounds good, leslie.

Not really, anna, much more casual that's all.

Bits of toast with the Virgin's face on indeed, katney.

The wedding's a week Saturday so you'll have to wait until then for me to get my gladrags on and hair done, nick!

A friend of mine once sang at a naked wedding, lia. Although I think it was only the bride and groom who were naked!

You've never lived, cherrypie!

I won't, welshcakes!

Ah but Scarlett looked good in everything, jmb!

Oh no, I would have to have turned out the lights too, furtheron!

I was telling the bride about my dress today, sally. She was more excited about my dress than hers!!