Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bleeding dog

George was due to go to the vet's later this afternoon to have his wound checked. I decided to walk him first to avoid getting his new dressing dirty straightaway.

We got to the adventure playground, George got wind of another dog and was off. By the time I caught up with him, the other dog's owner was walking towards me with George's dressing (which is more like a cast) in her hand.

And George's leg was bleeding again.

I've brought him home and bathed it. The staple is still there but obviously not doing what it's supposed to. Or maybe it would have done if George hadn't been such a maniac.

So, back to the vet's in a bit.

8 comments:

Suburbia said...

Gosh, I haven't visited of a bit. Poor George, has he been ill or was it ''the necessary''?

Suburbia said...

Oooops, didn't mean to press publish yet, wanted to say....Hope he's ok x

Leslie: said...

Just checked in to see what's been up in your neck of the woods. So I'm caught up now - hope George's leg heals quickly.

I'm sick with a miserable cold and the renovator just called to say the window won't be in until May 7. *sigh*

Jay said...

Daft dog! LOL! I hope he heals OK!

NitWit1 said...

I am glad Luckie can't read of George's escapades. I might have to worry a tad more.

It seems like when they bleed they are gonna need a transfusion! It's everywhere.

Hope he behaves himself till it heals.

Rose said...

Well, obviously I have gotten behind on your posts, Liz! I had to go back and find out what had happened to George (and I did read everything in between, I assure you, piglet flu and all). Poor thing! I do hope his leg heals soon. By the way, however did you keep that cone on him?? Sophie had to wear one after being spayed. The vet said to keep it on her for 10 days, but she managed to take it off an hour after we got home:)

Oh, and I do have good news--Sears gave me a brand new vacuum, no questions asked!! Sophie is now out of the doghouse. Sorry to be going on about her...she sends her get-well wishes to George, too.

Furtheron said...

He's just like a kid isn't he... one minute they break their arm, get a cast on and that is sorted then, you turn your back and they are up the bloody tree they fell out of the day before...

Hope it is all better soon...

Liz Hinds said...

He's fine in himself, suburbia, just keeps walking nto doors and legs and chairs because he's wearing a cone collar!

Thanks, leslie and jay.

Not much chance of that, nitwit ...

George can't get his off, rose, but he did break and chew the last one so we've had to buy another!

Keeping him from being too active will be the challenge, furtheron.