Saturday, November 08, 2008

Wales 15 South Africa 20

I feel as if I've just played 90 minutes of rugby!

That was such an exciting and tense game. We watched it on television ( we have tickets for the Wales All Blacks game in a few weeks' time) and I don't think I sat still for longer than a minute at a time.

It was frustrating because Wales were on fire but not quite turning their desire into points, always falling just short of the line. But there were a few newcomers who played excellently as did Lee Byrne, so it bodes well for the next six nations tournament for Wales.

In the meantime though, having narrowly failed to beta the world champions, we now have Canada, Australia and New Zealand to look forward to, and judging on today's performance, they should be games worth watching.

Now I'm going to have a cup of tea and lie-down.

7 comments:

Leslie: said...

Be sure to let me know when the Wales vs Canada is on because I might be able to catch the game on TV here!

James Higham said...

Maybe you should have been out there, Liz.

mrsnesbitt said...

I dont understand Rugby! Hubby has tried to explain but you know how things go amis in translation! LOL!

Lindsay said...

Have just watched a marathon of three games! First England -v- South Sea Islanders on Sky whilst recording the other two matches on BBC. It seems Wales and Scotland could not finish off the opportunities they had. England did OK, not brilliant, but OK. We have a couple of weeks of wall to wall rugby to look forward to. Next week's game between England and Australia will be a blood match in our house. My brother arrives from Australia mid week and having lived downunder for 30 years he supports the Wallabies. I think we will be sitting at either end of the sofa!

Tim Atkinson said...

You can't let SA get that sort of lead and then turn it round, but credit to Wales for getting so close. What a match! (I'm allowed to say that as an Englishman - have Welsh blood!)

Ellee Seymour said...

It must have been an exciting game. The two professional games I went to see were very dramatic,with the winning try from the team I was supporting being made in the last minute.

Liz Hinds said...

Next Friday, 7.30 pm kick-off, leslie.

I should have been, james!

I know what they have to do but don't understand the rules, denise!

It's like that in our house when Wales take on England, lindsay!

It was certainly exciting, dotterel.

Ellee, it was and we came so close at the end ...