Sunday, November 09, 2008

My missing tin opener

Do you remember that, not long ago, I mentioned that my tin opener had disappeared? Well, it's still in hiding so last Thursday, when I called into the local shop for a few odds and ends I bought a brand new 99p tin opener.

And guess what?

I can't find it.

I have no recollection of taking it out of the shopping bag or putting it anywhere. Younger Son says he hasn't seen it. It is a mystery.

Perhaps fate has decided that I should not eat anything out of a tin unless it has a ring-pull. Fortunately baked beans do. And tomato soup. But tomatoes don't. Not the extra cheap basic tomatoes that I buy anyway.

7 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

I keep loosing vegetable peelers... ssooo anoying

Anonymous said...

lol, I have the same problem with tin openers, vegetable peelers, car keys...have'nt managed to loose any of the children (yet)!!

Rose said...

I'm sure one of them will turn up as soon as you buy a new one. I bought a new napkin holder on sale, but couldn't find it anywhere--how do you lose something like that? It turned up in my gym clothes bag...not sure what that means:)

jmb said...

Same advice as last time this was mentioned. Buy yourself an electric can opener. Trust me, I am a very wise old person.

Dragonstar said...

I think JMB has the right idea. These days, when I need a tin opened, I hand it to my son who doesn't have painful thumb joints!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps George has buried it....
until he learns how to use it ;-)

Furtheron said...

It's George - he is using it as part of the Great Escape plan... :-)