Sunday, November 30, 2008

Do I come here often?

We were getting ready to walk George this afternoon when it occurred to me that I hadn't shown you my Wogan sweatshirt.


A few years ago I listened regularly to Terry Wogan's morning radio show. For those of you not familiar with Tel, let me say that's it's aimed at TOGs - Terry's Old Geezers - and the humour is appropriate for us.



Wogan's famous and highly-desirable sweatshirts weren't available in the shops; the only way to get one was by amusing Terry enough to get him to send you one. So when, a few days before my birthday, I realised that I was a year younger than I kept thinking I was, I emailed Terry to tell him so.

Hence I can proudly wear a 'Do I come here often?' sweatshirt and be recognised in the street by fellow TOGs.

6 comments:

CherryPie said...

George doesn't look to sure about that.

I usually listen to Terry in the morning!

Dragonstar said...

Well done! Don't let George eat it!

DeeJay said...

Very fetching - you will be going on the TOGS cruise next :-)

MaryB said...

Love it! And, er, do I?

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's funny, it's usually the other way round with me. I keep thinking I'm a year younger than I really am! It's always a great disappointment when I realise... LOL!

Nice shirt! And you look far too young to be a TOG!

Nancy said...

We were just talking about age this week. You know you're getting old when...you can't remember how old you are and have to go back to the year you were born and count up.