Friday, August 22, 2008

What the Russian said on Radio 4

... could have been a secret code.

I can just see a man in a trench-coat, turned-up collar, trilby pulled down over his eyes, sidling up to another man in a smoky bar and saying, 'Ze only free cheese is in ze mousetrap.'
The man at the bar replies, 'Zanzibar is 'ot at siss time of year.'
They both glance quickly around before a brown envelope exchanges hands and trench-coat man leaves.

I'm surprised Eddy Wotsit didn't pick up on it.
xx

5 comments:

MissKris said...

Coming by to catch up so thought I'd say a quick hello before I travel on down the page. Hope this finds your weekend starting out well, Liz!

Suburbia said...

I wish I'd heard it!

Katney said...

Sounds like I missed something.

Anonymous said...

My postillion has been struck by lightning ;-)

Unknown said...

"Ze general has ze fallen Madonna viz ze big boobies!"

Sounds like an episode of 'Allo, Allo!'

Wish I'd heard it too!

Gary