Thursday, February 28, 2008

The postman brought me a letter!

A proper letter! With a hand-written address! Someone was actually writing to me (as opposed to the rest of my mail offering me cheap money and free eye tests). I was so excited I tore it open!

It was an invitation to try out the latest technology in hearing aids.

Last week I was browsing on the web, finding out about hearing tests. I want to prove that it's not my ears that are at fault but other people mumbling. All I did on this particular site was ask where I could get my hearing tested. Now it's good of them to respond and write to me but they didn't have to pretend they were my friends; they could have used a proper typed envelope. Getting me all excited like that.

I'm not going to go with them anyway: their brochure has a picture of a man crawling in an ear. I don't want a man crawling in my ear.

3 comments:

Leslie: said...

Isn't it hilarious how we now get so excited over a something that comes via "snail mail" instead of "email." I'll occasionally send a card to someone just to give them that thrill. If you want to send me your address, I'll send you something from Canada! :D

Mauigirl said...

Hysterical, I've had a similar experience with fake "personal" letters. A man crawling in your ear...LOL!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm glad you got a "proper letter". I agree - it's other people's mumbling!